Domestic Steel Frame Structures
ASI can design, construct and project manage your customised home extension, patio or holiday house so it’s site-specific, and built using the most suitable steel materials and components ensuring longevity, safety and comfort. We can also do the same for your country home, rural retreat or weekender.
All buildings can be built to a number of sizes, design variances and all the home-away-from-home amenities you require.
Using top quality BlueScope™ steel, your structure will be built to withstand your location’s wind loading and ground conditions.
An Alternative that’s Environmentally Friendly
Steel structures can enhance your lifestyle – even on a budget. They’re a cost effective alternative to a traditional house and can be a far ‘greener’ option, requiring fewer materials and labour, and can be built in a much shorter timeframe.
The scope with ASI’s customised buildings are limitless – whatever your style, budget or location.
Enjoy the best in outdoor living with our versatile and affordable pre-engineered/pre-fabricated domestic build range. Low-maintenance and suitable for the budget conscious, our functional pre-engineered/pre-fabricated products are designed for any lifestyle.
Your Build, Your Way
Why not add a patio, pool cover or garden shed to your home? You can be certain of outstanding value for money. We provide quality service and advice at the right price. All of our domestic steel builds come with a 15 year structural guarantee, so you can be confident that your build is durable and long-lasting.
At ASI, we custom build. We’re more than just a shed company. We’ve worked with steel for over 40 years; we know how to build the best solution for every project.
Safe and Simple
Manufactured with durability, quality and longevity in mind, our pre-engineered/pre-fabricated steel building range is the ideal shelter, storage or space solution for your property. Whether you are looking to extend your living areas, upgrade your storage capacity or protect your most valuable assets from the elements, we can deliver the best solution for your precise needs.
Proudly Australian-built for Australian conditions, ASI uses genuine BlueScope steel and its own unique bracket system to ensure the highest standards in safety and stability. With over 40 years’ experience in the pre-engineered/pre-fabricated steel industry, you can rely on ASI to provide quality service and advice at the right price.
A Lasting Investment
Cutting edge factory technologies, superior steel building design and only the highest grade materials yield the strongest and most durable steel building on the market today. Stylish and affordable, our pre-engineered/pre-fabricated steel building range is designed to enhance your lifestyle. Built to withstand the harshest conditions, enjoy peace of mind and add value to your home or business with a quality steel building from ASI.
Shopping for a Shed? The Top 5 Tips to Remember
If you’re looking for a shed for your home, farm or business, it’s important to take the time to find the right shed supplier. Determining if they are reputable and reliable is just as crucial as making sure they can give you the exact shed you require for your property.
We’ve compiled our list of the top five tips to remember when shopping for a shed.
Tip #1: Be sure you know the shed supplier you’re buying from.
- How long have they been in business and what is their background in the industry?
- Are they ShedSafe accredited and do they build for wind load and ground conditions?
- Does anyone you know recommend them or can they show you some testimonials from other customers?
It’s important you choose a shed supplier that has a reputation for delivering quality sheds to their customers. You may even choose an Australian owned and operated company, so you can rest assured you’re buying a shed that has been built for our tough climate.
Tip #2: Request that your shed will be manufactured from BlueScope steel and that it will have product and materials warranties. Ask for these assurances in writing.
- Do they use genuine BlueScope steel, or another accredited steel product, that has been designed and tested for our harsh Australian environment?
- Do they offer a structural guarantee and/or warranty on workmanship?
- What are their policies on safety and can they show evidence of their compliance to the Building Codes of Australia?
A shed is only as strong as its weakest part. Look for the BlueScope and ShedSafe logos on their website and products, and be sure you’re dealing with a shed supplier that maintains the highest Australian standards in safety.
Tip #3: Make sure you have a thorough understanding of the proposed purpose of your shed.
- What do you intend to use your shed for and will you have any specific requirements, such as multiple access for moving equipment in and out or extra storage for the family jet ski?
- How much storage will you require and what do you intend to store in your shed, such as cars, boats, tools, equipment, bikes, lawnmowers, etc.?
- Will you require additional services when installing your shed, such as power, lighting, water, sewage or gas?
Adequate planning at an early stage will make choosing and installing your shed that much easier. A respectable shed supplier will take the time to help you plan out your requirements, so you can select the design and configuration for your needs.
Tip #4: Have the shed supplier show evidence that your shed is certified by a qualified structural engineer, has engineering drawings and Form 15, so you completely understand the conditions of sale.
- Can they demonstrate their sheds are certified by a qualified structural engineer?
- Can they provide a comprehensive quote, including design, drawings, architectural presentations, bill of quantities, and more where required?
- Can they produce documentation, including Form 15, that shows their sheds are engineered for safety and longevity?
It’s important that you have peace of mind when finding a shed supplier. Ensuring they use quality engineering standards in all of their sheds means your family, property and livelihood are safe and secure for the long-term.
Tip #5: Finally, check with your local council that you can build the shed you require on your site.
- Can they assist with any questions you may have about council approval?
- Can they provide any advice in the instance that your plans need to be amended to accommodate your local council’s requirements?
- Are they open and honest about their abilities to build the shed you need on the site you’ve selected, such as evaluating your wind load and ground conditions?